Sr. EDA IT/Linux Systems Engineer
Positions available: 1
Location: Plano, TX (within driving distance of Plano, Texas. Hybrid work-remotely and on-premises.)
Requirements: US Permanent Resident or US Citizen
About this position:
As a Senior IT/Linux Systems Engineer, you will be the go-to person responsible for setting up and maintaining Apogee’s EDA/CAD compute servers, storage, and the associated infrastructure. In addition, you will install and manage Cadence and other EDA tools, maintain network infrastructure, manage local and remote backup servers and VPN access, and provide critical support to Semiconductor Design engineering teams.
In addition, you will perform general onboarding/offboarding of users, IT and infosec training for users, meet cybersecurity compliance requirements and manage end-user laptops/desktops.
- Install and maintain on-premises Linux-based server and High-Performance Compute infrastructure.
- Gather requirements, create, maintain, support and document IT infrastructure.
- Identify, analyze, resolve, and support system-level on-premises and AWS/Azure user issues.
- Evaluate and recommend products and services that best fit engineers/developers’ needs.
- Storage: own all aspects of managing on-prem storage devices
- Security and Network: Manage firewall, switches, and VPN devices.
- License Server support: FlexNet/FlexLm and other. Maintain on-prem and remote license server setup for Cadence and other EDA tools.
- VM infrastructure: Manage and maintain hypervisor platform, perform upgrades, patches, monitoring, backups, and capacity management.
- On-prem server room support. (Rack&Stack, connectivity, server maintenance/inventory, monitoring)
- Linux (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu) – hands-on ability to install and maintain servers
- The successful candidate must be able to meet the “U.S. Person” requirements under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- General skills in:
- Virtualization (VMware ESX or an opensource platform e.g. Proxmox)
- Scripting (python, shell, bash, etc).
- NFS, NIS, Automount, LDAP
- Linux, Windows
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows computer systems, networks for EDA/CAD, and system administration
- 5+ years hands-on Linux, NFS, high-performance computing environments
- 3+ years of scripting experience (Python, shell, and similar)
- Good understanding of IT security and compliance (CMMC, ITAR, NIST 800-171)
- Ability to manage a Microsoft M365 environment and oversee Windows user laptops
- Ability to learn and leverage new technologies quickly, document and teach others
- Willing to take ownership and drive complex tasks as projects
- Work independently, with team, vendors, or individuals until completion
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you feel that you would be a good match for our company, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice to recruitment agencies:
Do NOT provide resumes of candidates to us.
No payment will be made to agencies who provide resumes to us without a prior formal engagement agreement signed by an officer of Apogee Semiconductor.
840 Central Parkway East, Suite 140
Plano, TX 75074